Firefighters in Chillicothe were called to the scene of a house fire on a road off Carlisle Hill, Sunday night.
The fire was reported shortly before midnight after a vacant home at 4 Highland Avenue caught fire.
The home was a total loss, keeping fire crew crews busy through late Monday morning. What's left of the structure continued to smolder at 4:00 p.m. Monday.
No one was injured but a neighboring home directly to the south, belonging to the Sparks family, suffered extensive damage to its north side. Mr. Sparks tells iHeartMedia News that his family will be displaced from the home until repairs can be made. He could not provide an estimate for the damages.
The home located at 4 Highland Ave was valued by Realtor.com at a little more than $1-million, and was originally constructed in 1880.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.